Terms of Employment
Summer Intern Position
$12.25/hour for 30 hours per week beginning Monday, July 8 and ending Friday, August 30, 2017.
Number of Positions
Summerside Community Church
Please email resumes to email@example.com.
We are looking for a student intern to work with SCC’s children & youth ages 1-17. The purpose of this position is to assist with the planning and implementation of weekly day/evening groups and activities, organize one-on-one activities with at-risk kids and youth, help with Sunday morning ministry, plan and implement a Vacation Bible School community outreach (times to be determined), attend weekly staff meetings and help with administration as required.
Consideration will be given to candidates in High School or University/College who fit the following criteria:
- Priority will be given to the following:
- Student who have just completed the 2018-2019 school year and are returning to school in the fall of 2019 (required).
- Valid drivers license an asset.
- Currently involved in teaching/helping with children & youth ministry.
- Administrative ability (general office duties).
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Ability to receive instruction well.
- Previous work or experience as a volunteer in a church or community child/youth program is an asset.
- Has experience in missions (references required).
- Seeking a future in missions or church ministry.
- Takes initiative, has effective interpersonal skills, flexibility, team player, excellent oral communication and problem solving ability.
- Ability to supervise and be a go-to leader for Sunday morning staff and their needs as well as children’s & youth ministries.
- Please include two written references from leaders of the organization where you have worked or volunteered.
Please fill out the form below and submit a video answering the following questions. Email your video, resume of related work/volunteer experience and two written references from your previous volunteer or work employer to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN YOUR VIDEO TO US.
- What kind of volunteer work have you done in the last three years?
- What are three skills you have learned as a volunteer?
- What do you find challenging about volunteer work?
- What have you found to be rewarding in your volunteer experience?
- What goals do you have for future ministry next year and in the next five years?